Once again I participated in the Woodlands Half Marathon. This was my 3rd time running it. I enjoy it as it is a pretty easy course and fairly well organized. It is only about 45 min from my house and so a good marathon to do every March. This year one of the running buddies we run with, Brittany, had just had a baby a couple weeks before, so only Emily and I ran together this year.
There is usually a group of friends we have that run it every year. Usually there are several of most of the same people who do it year after year. Here is Rebecca, Emily, Michelle, Greg, me, and Kim. I wish we were all the same pace so we could race together!
Pre-race selfie.
Post race and still alive!! I finished in 1:45, so not the time I hoped for, but I felt like it was a strong race. I was grateful to have Emily running with me and pushing me along. It always helps the race go by faster when you have someone to run with.
My cheering section!
Deacon and Ragnar were there to support as well as Ella and I was lucky to have them! They are a supportive family and I love them!! Cavin had a flag football game so he was doing his own performance!
I am so grateful I get to have a healthy body and can run and move as I wish. That is a blessing I hope to never take for granted!
That evening we went to a wedding of Brittany's sister Kaitlyn. Thankfully I wasn't too sore and could walk in heels just fine ;)
It was a beautiful wedding and it was one of the few weddings we have been to outside of our faith so it was interesting and very fancy ;)
They had a fun photo booth that we took advantage of. It was good to go and remember why Ragnar and I chose to wed almost 13 years ago. It's a wonderful thing to see 2 people really in love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment