Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Turning 40

On March 16th I entered a new decade and turned 40. I have been dreading this day for a couple years. I have not been very excited about turning 40 and everything that goes with it. I hear often from my friends, well, now that you're 40 everything goes downhill from here. Well, starting it off a week later with foot surgery wasn't helping my excitement, but for a couple days I tried to enjoy celebrating another year of life. 

My mom ordered a sign for me which was really nice. 
We had birthday donuts and went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch with Deacon, Ragnar, and my parents. By the time we finished the other kids were back from their youth camps for the week.
Ragnar bought me an outdoor loveseat which I have been wanting. 
I got a new phone and a pedicure from my mom/dad and sisters which I took the girls with me to do.
Saturday we went with a few friends to top golf to play and celebrate.
We had a fun time visiting and being together. 
Having a birthday on spring break is hard each year cause most everyone is always out of town.
My mom hosted a dinner with everyone when they were all back in town and it was a simple few days of celebration. I pray I can embrace the new decade and that I can still live many years enjoying what I love to do and that my body is strong and healthy.

No comments: