On Friday, March 24, 2023 I had the Kidner procedure performed on my foot. I have had pain in my foot since the family reunion in 2021 when I sprained my ankle water skiing. I have an accessory navicular bone in my foot and when trauma hits the area it can cause chronic inflammation and unfortunately that was the case for me. The posterior tibial tendon was constantly inflamed no matter how much I would rehab or ice it. I would run on it then struggle to walk for a couple days and couldn't hike or go on long walks without pain. So, unfortunately the injury never healed and after 18 months of trying everything to heal it, the surgery was the best option. I decided to do it in March in hopes that the 8-10 weeks of recovery would be sufficient and I would be healed before the kids are out of school for the summer.
I wasn't overly nervous for the procedure as I knew that is what I needed to do, mostly just very unexcited about the recovery waiting process.The bone has gotten so large and the swelling so bad that it looks like I have two ankle bones.Waiting for the surgery..
The surgery went well without any complications.
I was pretty sleepy from the anesthesia the first couple days, but then have done well since. The pain, thankfully, hasn't been bad and I'm so ready to get going on the rehab process.
No comments:
Post a Comment