Here are most of the girls who went from our ward. We got everyone there and we got things set up! They had the young women from my ward split into all of the cabins, so it was difficult getting everyone settled, but we made it work. Ella was with me in the 7th grade cabin I was in charge of, so that was fun. She still thinks I am cool and doesn't mind being with me ;)
The first thing we did was a service project for the camp where we painted the fence where the horses stay.
The weather was nice and the girls did a pretty good job making the fence look good. It was super muddy from having rained the week earlier, but the girls did a nice job.
We got to spend a little time reading scriptures and enjoying nature.
They had to make dresses out of paper to do a fashion show.
The YCL for our cabin, Nathaly Corno was from our ward and she did a great job with her devotionals.
One of Ella's best friends Jaemi Smith was in our Cabin. Our cabin name was Herra.
I was a little stressed the first night as there was so much going on that I was having to take care of, I thought it was fitting that this was in my fortune for the night.
The second morning I had to help with the workshops and I was in charge of helping with physical fitness. I was excited thinking we would do a ropes course or obstacle course, but it was zumba...not my forte. I did my best shaking my hips anyway, but was really hoping for something more challenging.
We went to workshops in the morning on self defense, beauty, physical fitness, and crafts. Then in the afternoon, they got to spend time around the camp and do activities.
Ella loved the riflery last time at camp and said she did awesome. She had a pretty good shot.
The loud noise of it all wasn't my favorite, but it was fun to try!
Next we went to archery and of course Ella was one of the best shots of the day. She did great.
On the other hand, I only hit the target a few times :)
That evening we had to do skits and the girls prepared a skit using a Disney princess and had to related it to having super powers and involve a Young Women Value. We were given Jasmine and we used Individual Worth. They did a pretty good job at making it work. Rachel was Raja and really got into her role as a tiger. haha
Here were the girls who were in my cabin. Top was Jaemi Smith, Madeline Lewis, Ashlyn Bales, Savannah Petersen, Vanessa Morles (and Nadia Houston not pictured because sadly she got the flu and went home) Bottom Addy Dyer, Ella, Lilly, and Rachel. Overall they were good girls and when my cabin leader Kylie Bales and I told them to go to bed, they listened really well.
The last day we all wore our matching shirts from the theme "If ye love me, keep my commandments"
Addy was her other close friend in our cabin. She was so glad to have Jaemi and Addy with us.
The last night there was testimony meeting and they did a reveal of this paint project they did. They each painted a square of the picture of Christ and it turned in to this awesome masterpiece. Overall, I think the girls had a good time at camp. It was very difficult for me as a leader. The first day I had 2 girls from our ward throwing up, 1 of the girls in my cabin had the flu, and 2 other girls in the next couple days in the nurse office off and on. I felt like I knew the nurse Jen Houston well by the end and she was amazing, but the organization of it all and the logistics were very stressful to me and so it was hard. I really think the girls didn't see most of that and had a good time and Ella has great memories, so I am grateful for that for her. As for me, I will not be sad if this was a one time experience.






















No comments:
Post a Comment