Monday, March 25, 2019

Ragnar's Transformation

Since I have known Ragnar, he has always been a big guy. He has a big German frame and he has always held his weight pretty well. We both enjoy exercising and he has tried a little off and on to lose weight, but has never been mentally invested in the process. 
Last year Ragnar decided to take charge of his health and lose some weight and become healthier.  He weighed an all time high of 328 lbs and was finally mentally ready to make a change. He started running quite a bit and cutting portions and lost about 33 pounds. He was grateful to have lost some weight, but he plateaued and was stuck at 295 for 6 months. He was very frustrated, so we decided to think and pray about what we should do to help him kick start again. On October 4th he decided to try a program called Optavia and stick to a strict diet of their foods. He ate 5 "fuelings"a day and then one lean and green meal which was usually either chicken, salmon, or lean turkey or beef and vegetables. He worked hard and started losing weight quickly. He lost 27.5 pounds the first month. He wasn't able to exercise as he didn't have enough calories to maintain enough to exercise. He worked really hard with the program and I was so impressed by him. He didn't cheat with food even once. He ate what he was supposed to and continued to lose weight.
Here was the pictures from October, November, December, and January. He was making amazing progress. 
He finished at the beginning of March with the program and his final weight was 222 lbs. He lost 73 pounds after October on the program and a total of 106 pounds from his highest weight. Incredible!! Here is his first picture and last from October to March.
His final picture! I am so extremely proud of him. I know how much he loves food and how hard of a journey this was for him.  
Here was a picture of him at his highest..ironically next to a professional athlete.
Now his work pictures look so much different. I love seeing his recent work pictures because he looks so much more confident and so much younger ;) He has always been a pretty confident guy, no matter his weight, but he looks good and holds himself even higher. I have always known that he could do it and lose weight, I am just so glad that he was able to know it for himself as well and be able to do it. He is running 3 miles in 23 minutes now and I am shocked!! We went running and it's so fun to go together now as he can keep up :) I am excited to have new possibilities for fitness and health as a couple. Here is to a new life and a new and improved version of the Ragnar I have always loved!

No comments: