The kids FINALLY began school on September 7, 2017. The school calendar was already really late this year and they weren't supposed to start til August 28th. Due to the flood it got pushed back even farther. I'm not gonna lie, by the time it started, I was mentally spent. I love having my kids home for the summer, but coming back from Germany a couple weeks before the flood and having school delayed and the stress of the hurricane and such, I was so ready for some normalcy and to have them go back to school. They needed something to focus on besides what was happening around them. So with much excitement, they began the school year!
Here are the cute older 3 kids. Cavin is starting to tower over Ella and just keeps growing! He is now in a mens shoe size!! It's rather annoying because now I spend more on the same shoe that is in the kids section but because it's in the mens section it's at least $20 more!
Cavin started 4th grade. He has Mrs. French as his homeroom teacher. Mrs. Ibera and Mrs. Taylor are his two switch teachers and so far he really likes his class and teachers.
Channing is now in 1st grade. She has Mrs. Petzold as her teacher. She is the same teacher that Ella had in first grade. I was a little nervous about her having the same teacher because she is a little more strict and Channing does better with the soft, sweet, more fluffy teachers, but so far she loves her. She just loves school in general which is great!
Ella, Ella, Ella! Oh my, I just wanted to cry when she left for school. She is now in 6th grade which puts her in middle school. I hate that she is starting the harder phase of life where you have to deal with weird boys and self conscious girls. As she was standing at the bus stop I kept praying she would remember who she was and keep the confidence that she has always had in herself. She is a bright girl and I know she will succeed.
I was the only parent at the bus stop, of course, so she indulged me as I waited with her. She's never ridden a bus before so I wanted to make sure she got on. As you can see from this picture, she was a little embarrassed as she waved goodbye. Oh how I love her and wish her the best year!
And......who can have a back to school post without having a picture of my blue eyed baby! I love spending time with this sweet, energetic boy. I truly treasure the time we have alone and I look forward to making fun memories!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment