Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Deacon's 1 Month Milestone!
Deacon is officially 1 month old! I feel like it's always a great relief when they get through that first month of life! It sounds silly because it's only one month, but they learn so much that first month and for me it is the hardest one to get through. Deacon has been a good baby so far and I am so grateful. His only challenge has been eating! He has been very unlike his siblings who loved to eat from the very beginning! He was so sleepy that he never wanted to wake up to eat and when I would nurse him he would fall back asleep! It was very frustrating as I have never had a sleepy eater! After about 9 days he had lost over a pound. He started at 7 lbs 11 ozs and was down to 6 lbs 9 ozs and he wasn't filling his diapers hardly at all. I became really worried about him so the dr had me pump exclusively for a week to see how much he was eating and to really get him going and not have to work for it. I had gotten a new, nice pump, so we gave it a try and he downed a bottle and all of them after! He much prefers a bottle and pumping is pretty fast for me, so sometimes it's easier, but I don't want to be completely stuck to a pump, so we are still working on waking up enough to nurse. I think it soothes him when he nurses so he doesn't really suck. Anyway, we went to the doctor today and he was 7 lbs 3 ozs at 2 weeks and at 1 month (and a couple days) he was 9 lbs 3 ozs! He had gained 2 pounds in 2 weeks! YAY! I much prefer a little chubb on my babies and I am glad he is being more alert and gaining weight. He is a good natured baby, we sure love him and the kids can't get enough of him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment