Ella has a little obsession with reading a church magazine our church sends out once a month called "The Friend". Each month she reads it cover to cover several times. I sometimes dread when it comes because I know that almost every idea that it contains she is going to want to try. So as in usual fashion, this month they had a Family Home Evening idea of a "Camp-In". Since we have a newborn baby I was not looking to go camping, not to mention that it is August in Houston, so we entertained the idea and gave it a try in the house. We were supposed to have our camp in on Monday night but we had had a rough day, so after a few days we finally made it happen.
We started with dinner and smores and as you can tell Cavin got more on his face and hands!
Ella seemed to enjoy hers as well!
And...here is the difference in my children. Channing did not want to eat hers because it was too messy...so she opted for just a marshmallow! Oh I love my o.c.d child!
Then off to games, songs, and books in the tent!
Of course Deacon joined in for some fun!
Ragnar and I and of course Deacon did not spend the night in the tent...when you are only getting a few hours of sleep at a time...they are precious, so we stayed in the "tent" until the kids went to sleep and then happily went to our own bed. We are glad they are little and things like this are still a highlight in their life. I wish they would stay little forever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment