So I have been dreading the big 3-0 for a LONG time....several years.... and this month the dreaded birthday came. I'm not sure why I had been dreading it so much, I just feel like 30 is so old!! I still see myself right out of college and young and active, and then I remember that I am 30 and I have an almost 7 year old and I don't feel so young anymore! I think that I also felt that by 30 years of age I would feel so accomplished and yet it gave me a complex thinking about what have I really done in the 30 years of my existence? Oh well....I am happy and healthy and have a wonderful family and for the most part I try and remember that that is all I need to worry about.
Since I had been dreading the big day, Ragnar worked hard at trying to make it special. It was a nice day. I woke up and got to go running with my friends, I got donuts, I went shopping, and then Ella and I got a pedicure...
It was her first one and she loved it. Afterward my parents and sister Natalie came over to join me in a party Ragnar had put together with some of my friends and their families. It was very nice of him to try and get something together. We played minute to win it games since I LOVE games and had pizza and cake and icecream. Here are some of the shots of us in action....(Thanks to Emily who helped Ragnar with the games and pictures)
Here are the girls playing the cookie to the face game..first the girls...then the guys
And then stacking cans on a plate in floating water
Next the marshmallow toss into the bowl through the hoop
and of course bubbles :) how many bubbles can you get through the hoop? It's hard
Then we had to knock the cups off the table with the air from our balloons!
It ended up being a great day and I was so grateful for my friends who came out to celebrate finishing another decade of my life! (I wish I would have remembered to get everyone in a photo.) Happy Birthday to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment