Saturday, January 5, 2013

Saying Goodbye to Memories

So this December has been a hard one for our vehicles! On December 20, 2012 Ragnar got rear ended on the freeway driving to work by a lady who had also gotten hit by a mustang behind her. The mustang totaled her car and hit the SUV that hit Ragnar so thankfully the SUV took most of the brunt of the accident which allowed Ragnar to walk away just fine. Even though the mustang was smashed, every one in the three car accident was o.k. Since the accident happened right before Christmas the insurance was very slow about making an assessment of the damage to our car. It is a 2003 Chevrolet Malibu so it wasn't worth a whole lot. It is however our first car we bought when we got married and it served us well. In the meantime of trying to figure out what happened to that, our van starting making lots of noise, so we took it in because we thought it was the brakes that were under warranty. It ended up being something way more expensive and it is also an old car which we were planning to replace this year.....so all in all, long story short....we ended up having no car. So we had to buy something and since our 2000 Toyota Sienna lasted through our family for thirteen years, we decided to buy a brand new one. So we bought a 2013 Toyota Sienna.
Here is our old Sienna....it was so sad for me to say goodbye to it. It was a good car for us. I hate change, so all of the things that didn't work in it didn't bother me! I guess it was time to be retired though.
And here is the new one....it is Cypress Pearl ;) a.k.a green. I am praying it will last another 13 years!
So car shopping is miserable and yesterday we found out we get to do it again! Oh boy! They totaled our Malibu too because the frame damage they say was too severe. It ended up being a blessing because what it is worth on blue book is WAY less than what their insurance is giving us for it. So I guess this year will be new for everything. A new house, and two new cars! Not exactly what we had in mind but I am grateful we have transportation!


The last time we will see the old Malibu. Seriously it is kindof sad to get rid of the only two cars you have had in the span of one week! Oh the memories we have had. Goodbye Malibu and Sienna.

4 comments:

Tyra Shortino said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tyra Shortino said...

That was a really cruel December for your cars. But, even though they’re gone, I’m sure the memories will stay, and there are always photos of them. :) I think it’s good that you keep the model and the brand for your new ride. I’m sure you can keep it running for 13 years too. With proper maintenance and use, it is possible. -->Tyra Shortino

Anonymous said...

You suffered a lot of accidents last December. Good thing, it was just your cars that got damaged in the end. For the past months of having a new car, I hope you haven't had any mishaps and won't have any of it anymore. Remember to drive with all precautions and ensure your car is packed with safety features.

-Arlyne Nelms @ SpartanToyota

Anonymous said...

It’s kinda depressing that you had to say goodbye to two cars in such a short time. Anyway, I’m positive that the Cypress will serve you for quite a long time, hopefully just like what your Malibu did. Just be alert while driving and never fail to have regular maintenance to keep it in top shape. All the best!

Diane Wilson @ Fletcher Chrysler Products