Everyone knows that I love running. It has been an "aquired interest" since I was about 11. I do however know that it is not everyones passion. My friends Brittany Raiford and Emily Miller were kind enough to humor me and run in The Woodlands Half Marathon with me! (Emily says she was "peer pressured" into running, but I knew she could do it!) They are both athletes and so I knew they could try something new and do great. Saturday came and we were ready to run. I was so excited to have running partners. It is so hard to find someone that is your pace and that can push you along. All of us are pretty competitive girls, so we did good at encouraging each other along throughout our training and our race day. The race was not my favorite out of all the ones I have done, but this was one of the hardest I have run. I finished in 1 hour and 43 minutes. I can honestly say I felt good til the last mile and 1/2 and the very last 1/2 mile I almost threw up a few times! I was horrified reaching the finish line thinking ok...who is the lucky one of these fans who gets my puke! Thankfully I just slowed down a bit and made it without having to throw up! It was an interesting feeling because throughout all these years of running, I have never had to throw up during a race. Anyway, I was really excited about how we all ran and so grateful that they helped me accomplish my goal. Thanks girls!

Brittany, Emily and I...we made silly shirts that said "The faster you run...the faster you're done!"

Here is the end of the race! I think I have about 100 photos of the exact same face after a race!

I finished!!! My cheering section..minus Ragnar and Channing

Here is our after race shot...we are still managing to smile!

Thanks to Brittany's inlaws for letting us stay the night before and for my family for coming to support me! Especially thanks to Brittany and Emily for running with me! I had so much fun!
4 comments:
wahoo! rock on Lisa!!! That sucks that you felt so sick!--but you totally did it!! that's so awesome! :D
Good for you! I would happy support and cheer you on from the side -no way I am running with you :) Sounds like a lot of hard work, nice job!!!
Good for you! I would happy support and cheer you on from the side -no way I am running with you :) Sounds like a lot of hard work, nice job!!!
Way to go Lisa! You are amazing! 13 miles in 1 hr. 43 min. - that is incredible! I'm glad that you have partners to push you - I know that I never ever could run that fast.
Post a Comment