Sunday, August 3, 2008

Four Years Ago...





Four years ago, on August 7th, Ragnar and I were married in the Houston, TX temple. It seems strange to think that it has already been four years. So much has happened in our lives and we have grown up so much since then. When I think back on the story of how we came to be, I am grateful for Heavenly Father always knowing what is best for us. Just to reflect I want to leave you with our engagement story.....
Ragnar and I knew each other for a couple years before we ever started dating. We hung out almost everyday, at first for him to share of his undying love for my best friend. After that desire came and went, we still were together everyday. I went through other boyfriends and experiences and yet everyday if he hadn't called by 5:00 p.m. I would call him or vice versa. It was just something we always did, he was my best friend. His senior year of college was coming to a close and he had booked his one way ticket home to Germany. Not thinking much of it because I hadn't felt much more than friends about him, things took a drastic turn. He asked if we could date just until he left so that he would have no regrets. I basically said it was a waste of time, but I was willing to see if our friendship had anything more, because I knew if it didn't he would be gone and the chances of me ever seeing him again were small. Well, we did date and it went far better than I had imagined, in fact from the first date until we were engaged it was only about 2 months. I realized that he was my best friend, and so much more and I couldn't see him get on a plane and never see him again, so we decided to get married and here we are now. We were apart the whole engagement and I loved all the things we learned about each other from the millions of minutes we spent on the phone. Sometimes Heavenly Father opens your life to different possibilities and I am glad he made me aware that Ragnar was something too good see walk out of my life. Thanks for being patient for those years Rags and Happy Anniversary!!!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy Anniversary. I love your engagement/dating story. At least you have no doubts that you two are meant for eachother! Hope you have a great day.

Ash & Tim said...

I was so excited to see that you updated your blog. I loved reading your story even though I have heard it before it is still such a cute story -it was definitely meant to be. Love the pictures you look gorgeous in your wedding dress and don't worry Ragnar -Tim says you look good in your suit too ;) Happy Anniversary may the next 40 be just as good :)

Terryl said...

you were such a beautiful bride

Emily T. said...

Happy Anniversary! Great Story. Hope you guys have a fun day.

Anonymous said...

You guys are so great together! Isn't it awesome to be married to your best friend.

Anonymous said...

okay..you can tell im stressed and emotional..bc that actually brought tears to my eyes. its like a chick flick in real life..oh how im glad that you saw how great he was and that you couldn't live without him! Bc if you didn't I would have no Rags to irritate everyday and I wouldn't hear about National Treasure every 10 seconds. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! I love both of you!

the speers said...

Happy anniversary you guys! hope you have a fantastic day!!

Die Fingerle's said...

Herzlichen Glueckwunsch zu eurem Hochzeitstag auch aus Deutschland. Es war vor vier Jahren eine tolle Zeit und ich war sehr dankbar, dass ich bei eurer Hochzeit sein konnte.