Another year, another 1/2 marathon. I have been needing to have something to focus on, so at the end of January I went on a few longer run and then I decided to go ahead and train and sign up for a half marathon to see if my body could still do it. It was good to have something to work towards. I feel like I've been a little bit lost in a lot of things in my life. Running has always been an outlet for me that I have been grateful for. We had some pretty sad news a couple days before the race about Cavin having to delay his mission and I felt emotionally taxed.
My goal was just to really try and focus on the race and conquer my mind. I was really proud of myself for feeling good the whole race and not letting my emotions overcome me. I really wanted to feel strong and after the week I had, I was grateful that I was able to conquer my mind and finish strong. I have run that race many years and I am grateful my body allowed me to do it again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment