In just a week we had an orchestra concert, a band concert, and a choir concert. I am glad my kids all enjoy the gift of music, but it makes for a lot of concerts around the holidays. We even had a ward concert in which we all but Ragnar participated in. The first night the band and orchestra concert were the same night at the same time. Since Cavin is in the higher orchestra and we knew Deacons would be short, we hurried to Deacons and rushed over and made it just in time for Cavins orchestra to take the stage.
Deacon has really adapted well to learning music and the flute. I am very surprised but he really enjoys practicing and learning to play.I was very impressed that none of these kids could even read music or a note a few months ago and now can put their instruments together and play a few songs. They actually sounded pretty good!
Cavin had a solo in his orchestra and did a great job. He is a very good cellist and finally gets to play this next semester in the highest orchestra now that it doesn't conflict with football class.
He and his brother are best buds and I love it!
I'm very grateful that my parents could join and support the kids.
The following week it was Channings turn for her choir concert. They sounded beautiful but the songs were so boring this year :/She has a beautiful voice and I am glad she is developing it.
The kids have a wonderful support system and I am super grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment