We had a kind family (Divalls) who let us use their pool while they were on vacation and we had a fun time playing and cooling off!
Fun with grandma in the pool!
My sisters and I! The kids made us breakfast which was sweet. We didn't see the Scharmans every day, so we had some other fun as well.
The girls and I did manicures and even got me to do one which I haven't done since my wedding!
We ate smores over the stove as well! Just as yummy! :)
We celebrated Liam on his birthday. On July 4th the kids played with water balloons and water guns and had a fun time.
That evening we went home and watched fireworks from our driveway. The boys didn't want to be outside. Deacon had fallen asleep on the way home from my parents and slept through it all, and Cavin hates how loud they are, so the girls joined Ragnar and I and there was quite a show in the neighborhood. I am so grateful for the freedoms of America and the country we live in. It may be going through a lot right now, but I am so grateful to live here and the rights and freedoms we enjoy. God bless America.
We got to go to the park with cousins and Grandpa taught us how to play pickleball.
Then on the last day together we had our annual Summer Olympics which the kids love each year.
They started with a 1/2 mile race, then archery, frisbee toss, football and javelin throw, a pickleball rally, and a soccer ball dribbling exercise.
We then headed to the pool and cooled off and did our last few events of a lap race, floating challenge, and a jumping contest.
We finished with an obstacle course which the kids thought was fun.
The kids did great and tried hard. Ella won the floating contest and the Frisbee in the hole. Cavin won the Obstacle course and Football throw. Channing won the pool jumping contest with a cool split, and Deacon was the Junior division all around athlete as he placed in the top 3 in almost every event. I am grateful my mom puts it on every year and I think this was the 10th year to do it.
We had a great time visiting my sister and her family and having the Speers cousins as well all join in together. I wish we had Corey's kids, but maybe next time. It was nice to do something as I am super sad our trip to Germany next week got cancelled. :(





No comments:
Post a Comment