I feel like Christmas day needed its own post this year. There were many pictures. As an adult Christmas isn't as exciting in regards to looking forward to presents or Santa. However, there is nothing more exciting to me as a parent than watching your kids run down the stairs in anticipation of the gifts they would receive.
Christmas Eve we had my parents, Natalie, and Chris' family over for games and soup and we read the Christmas story. It was fun to have them come, and Cavin and Channing worked hard on their games where we had to make points in a cup and do a scavenger hunt to find the snowman pieces.
Christmas morning we turned on the song "Deck the Halls" from the Mannheim Steamroller which my dad used to play every Christmas morning. When the music plays they can come down out of their rooms and Christmas begins.
I love the stillness of the Christmas tree lighting the room before the excitement begins.
They raced to see who would find the pickle first and Cavin was the lucky one.
If you find the pickle first, you get to open the first present.
Ella got many things this year, but her favorite was her new guitar. She loves music and wanted to learn the guitar as she already plays the piano and cello. She also got the new echo dot, her favorite book series, a bookshelf, jewelry, a blanket (she has an obsession with soft things and texture ;)), beanie boos, and other little token stuff.
Cavin is always the one I am most worried about buying presents for. He has an idea of what he envisions Christmas morning to be like and sometimes I worry about matching it and not disappointing him. He got switch remotes, the Nintendo swich game Mario and Sonic Tokyo games, an echo dot, a bay blade stadium, rubix cube etc.
He seemed happy, and together the boys grandparents on both sides gave them a basketball hoop which they were excited about!
Deacon just wanted a basketball and cars. He is so easy. He never really wants toys, he just wants to play sports..how many balls can you buy him though???
Channing is the sweetest thing, she was excited to open her presents and happy about her gifts.
She finally got her beloved Kindle she has been wanting for 3 years.
She also got the American girl doll Blaire which she really wanted.
She also got an art kit, art supplies, a unicorn case, a microphone, jewelry, and beanie boos.
They had a fun morning and it was fun to watch them enjoy their gifts.
I am grateful everyday for the family I get to call my own.
We ate cinnamon rolls after we opened presents.
Ragnar spent a couple hours putting together the basketball hoop after breakfast. The boys played a minute and then we drove to my parents for a nice day of football, food, and puzzles.
We had to finish this puzzle before we left, so I made them stay a little longer ;)
Although I pray that the kids do not think the meaning of Christmas is about what they receive, I do love to give them gifts. For our family, it is really the only time besides birthdays they get anything, and I love to think about what would make them happy. I am grateful that we know that the true meaning of Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Christ, for without Him, our life would be meaningless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















No comments:
Post a Comment