Cavin finished first right after 8 minutes and he was 7th overall. Deacon finished next and was running pretty hard in. Next was Channing who stopped right before the finish line..had to teach her about running through all the way :) Then Ragnar came in trying to encourage Ella through the finish line. Ella does not enjoy running, much to my dismay, but she does it every year and I am grateful for that.
Next was my 5k race. It was so cold that I literally couldn't feel my feet for the first mile. I did well enough and was happy with my effort. I do get frustrated that I am always about 30 seconds off my goal time, but I am trying to learn to just be happy with my best.
I finished first in my age group. It certainly helps to get older when it comes to racing :) I was 6th overall girl out of 346 as well and 59 out of 828 participants. I enjoy doing a short, fast race once a year. We had a nice morning but were a little bummed that none of my family could join us this year. Hopefully next year they can again.
After the race, we had to hurry home for me to turn around and drive back downtown to the Food Bank with the Young Women and volunteer for our church stake activity. It was great to serve and help and be with the youth.

No comments:
Post a Comment