Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Spring Break 2018

I love Spring break! It is a great time of year and I love having a week with the kids. March has been crazy, but filled with lots of fun and exciting things. We started celebrating Spring Break a little bit early as the Rodeo and my brother Corey came into town.
Ragnar and I went to go see Thomas Rhett in concert one evening and I really enjoyed it as I love his music!

A couple days later, I took the kids out of school and we joined my parents and Corey and his 3 kids for the carnival and animal part of the rodeo.
We went to see the animals, and of course the pig races which I love.
The kids really enjoy "Fun on the Farm" where they get to pretend to be farmers.
The carnival at the end is always one of the highlights. The kids enjoy the rides and games!
Ella was so excited to have Madi with her.
Deacon won the "biggest fish in the pond" with one of the games and won this huge wolf/dog which he proudly carried and named Wolfie! It was great to see my brother Corey and his three youngest kids and the weather was perfect!
The next day we had football games, and Channing got to go to her best friend Avery's party and ride horses. She loved it! 

Sunday, we had Corey's family over most of the day and it was great to chat with him. Monday, we were supposed to go to the Woodlands resort for a couple nights, but it was cancelled due to the chiller weather we were having. It was beautiful outside, but would have been a little cold in a swim suit!
We improvised and went over to Burroughs park and played instead.
The kids played baseball and we had a picnic.
Cavin and Deacon were in heaven to have cousins and uncles to play sports with.
Grandpa and Grandma made smores which we enjoyed!
They also played football. 
Ella and Madi chatted and held cute Cai.
Charlotte, Emma, and Channing enjoyed playing at the park and in the sand.
We came back to Grandmas and watched a movie in their theater room after the kids were worn out.
We finished the day with a picnic on the porch. It was a gorgeous and fun day.
Tuesday, we went over to a place called BOOMERS. The kids could mini golf, do bumper boats, rock wall, or golf carts. They loved it and no one knew it opened early, so we had the place to ourselves the first couple hours!
Deacon was SO excited to be on the go cart with me and that his side had a steering wheel as well!
Ella was pretty nervous her first time!
And Cavin...was a reckless driver, just as I imagined he would be!
We did the bumper boats, but we got pretty wet from the squirters on them!
Caden and Ella showed us their rock climbing skills. 
Luckily, Ragnar got to join us for a couple hours and he played mini golf with the kids and I.
It took them FOREVER to serve us our lunch, but the kids were patient and enjoyed talking while we waited. We had a fun day!
That evening we went out to Saltgrass Steakhouse to have an adults dinner. We were missing Marisa and sad she couldn't come, but I loved having the rest of us together and I am so grateful my brother took the time to come visit! It was so nice to see him!

The last part of spring break we continued to have fun. Cavin FINALLY successfully figured out how to ride his bike! He has been trying, but balancing has been so difficult for him. I am so proud he worked for hours with Ragnar and figured it out. He has been practicing most days and is getting better and better. His body has so many bruises and scrapes, but he just gets up and keeps trying!
Channing was even able to pick it up and is now riding on her own. I know it seems like they are plenty old to have figured it out, but better late than never! I'm proud of them for continuing to try!

Thursday, Ella left for girls camp, which I will post separately about and we missed her. We had fun playing at the park though in her absence.
We went to the Rockets game that evening which was fun.
Deacon sure is a handful at games, but he loves going and cheering them on!
Friday was my 35th birthday. Man, that feels So old to say! My parents and sister Natalie came over and did a puzzle with me and played games, which I love. Then later in the afternoon, Ragnar came home early and we went all together to The Cheesecake factory for dinner. I love that place! It was delicious and I was so grateful that he took the time to get off during his busy season and that my parents could join. Birthday's aren't my favorite, but it was a nice day.
We had an awesome Spring break and the weather all week couldn't have been more perfect!

No comments: