My mom and dad celebrated 40 years of marriage on Friday, August 21st. I wanted to really show them our love and support for this amazing accomplishment. Thankfully my sister in law Chira was kind enough to jump on board with me and plan a small surprise party to celebrate. We invited a few of their friends over for dessert to celebrate! We told my mom we were having dessert, just left out the part about with everyone else too!
The slight problem was that my mom doesn't ever knock and the door was left unlocked so she just came right in ;)
They seemed still surprised!
Ragnar and Chris were nice and cozy on this tiny love seat ;) haha!
My siblings were a great help. Natalie and Corey were nice enough to support us and help us send them on a nice lunch before and Marisa made a cute video for them that we showed. Of course Chris let me use his house and his wife as well! Natalie thankfully forgave me for not telling her til a few hours before. She's not a great secret keeper! We love her though!
I made a chain of 40 fun facts or things for either the year 1975 that they were married or something from each year they were married. I am not sure why Ragnar thought this particular one was important ;)
I can't believe I didn't get a great shot of my parents together, but I hope they know how much we love them and appreciate their dedication and support of one another for 40 years. It's quite an accomplishment. Especially in a world now where everyone seems to give up in life when things get hard. I am grateful for them showing us that it can be done and that marriages can last through the eternities. We love you mom and dad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment