Friday, March 20, 2015

The clock keeps turning..

So it's not a huge surprise that I don't love birthdays. They were fun when I was a child, but as you grow and become an adult, you just realize you are getting older and older. That, for me, is no fun. This year I turned 32. I have mentioned to Ragnar a time or two, that sometimes on birthdays you just feel sad because people are busy with their lives and not many people remember and they can often be boring and not the "special" day they are designed to be. This year however, Ragnar did a great job of making me feel loved. 
So Ragnar had the day arranged for me to try and relax and feel remembered. He brought me my traditional birthday donuts and then left for work. At 9:30 he had my friend Pele come and pick up Channing for a playdate all day. At 10:00 he had Michelle come by to bring me cookies and stationary. At 11:30 Rachael stopped by with Chick fil a for lunch and she brought me a pedicure gift card. Then at 2:00 Joy stopped by with these pretty flowers since he mentioned tulips are my favorite. At 4:00 my friend Channing stopped by with TONS of snickers and a strawberry cream slush. 4:30 Cathie stopped by with Candy. 5:30 Amy came by with dinner and about the same time he came home with this yummy Cookie Cake which I love!!
I was so grateful that he had taken the time to arrange with my friends the day so that I would feel remembered, and I was even more grateful that he pays attention and knows me well enough to know all the little things I enjoy for them to bring! The only thing that could have made it a better day is if my leg was healed and I could have gone for a long run!
My friend Candice who I really miss sent me this necklace and earrings which I love and they totally matched the shirt I had on!
I have great friends and I am so grateful for their support in making my day special! Today I had an extended birthday and Brittany had us over to her new house for lunch and these 3 cute boys got to have a "playdate". They were born within a couple months of each other. So sweet.
 It was such a thoughtful idea from Ragnar. I married a good man and we get to celebrate each birthday with these 4 cuties! Here's to another year!

No comments: