Monday, June 8, 2009

A Week From Down Under!

This week past week has been one from ****....well you know where! Cavin was recovering from surgery when he got sick with the flu and then I think he also has teeth coming in. He has been one trooper, recovering from all those things until the last few days, when I think his body has had enough. The hospital called and informed me that the stomach flu went around the office the day I brought Cavin in and that he might have been exposed...well he was and now, Ella had it, then Ragnar, then Natalie my sister, then my dad, then both my niece and nephew, and LET'S JUST PRAY it stops there! My goodness within 5 days it has been a beast! I feel horrible that one little guy could bring that much illness! Anyway, it was awful and then the hospital called and said that he might have been exposed to another illness on that day as well... it is supposed to take 12-14 days to find out if he indeed got that as well....oh man...I thought they were one of the #1 children's hospitals in the country! I'm sure glad his surgery went well! Ahhhh, I am so glad last week is over!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh boy, sounds close to the week we were experiencing. We passed a pretty bad flu to each other. Aren't hospitals suppose to be clean places that we go to to get better, not worse?

Amie said...

I don't think I could make it through a week like that! I'm glad things are starting to get better!

Sam and Chelsie said...

Ragnar,

This is chelsie (Sams Wife). He never does anything on our blog but i told him that you left us a comment and he was so excited. It just goes to show him that blogging really is worth it! He told me to tell you hi and he now vows to check the blog! Your family is adorable. I am glad you found us. Keep in touch.

Chelsie McCorristin

Kristen said...

Wow! What a week for you! We've had 3 weeks of fevers, croup, and colds. We seem to be on the mend (crossing my fingers). Anyway, I hope that you don't get it. Take care and I'll keep you posted on the arrival of our baby girl on Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

Oh man major bummer!!! I am so sorry for your fam!! Well hopefully no more sickness for you eh?

Emily T. said...

Nothing worse than passing the yucky flu around. I hope you have a much more pleasant week, you too Cavin!

pcb said...

I have heard of stuff like this - that's why I have always told Cam not to touch anything when we are at the doctor's. Sick people go there!

Ethan and Marisa said...

Sorry lady!! I wish I was there to help! Hope this week is better!