Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Birthday!!

Warning: Picture overload!!

So many things happened this weekend! We dyed eggs, we had Easter, we had a birthday, and Cavin had his 1 year old check up!
So, I'll start with dying Easter eggs! We had fun and Ella loved to color the eggs and she is one creative girl!




Then, we had a wonderful Easter and it was fun to have Cavin's first birthday on Easter. Grandma and Grandpa Speers bought Ella and Cavin new Easter outfits and Oma and Opa Hartzheim bought Lisa and Ragnar new outfits, we have great parents! We enjoyed our day thinking about the Savior and after we read scriptures, Ella told us the most adorable story about Jesus coming out of the tomb and it was so fun to hear how much excitement was in her voice telling us about Jesus!




After church and celebrating Easter, we took a moment to celebrate Cavin's first year of life! He was such a good kid all day and we had fun having a birthday party! Thank you to my family for thinking of him on his special day! He is one cute curly haired guy!

My sister-in-law Chira made him this cute shirt!


He loved the cake!!

You have to have an egg shaped cake on an
Easter birthday!!





And last, but not least.....Cavin had his one year appointment! He is now 25 1/2 pounds (90%) and 31 inches long (85%). He is coming down on the charts and we are glad! I still think he is going to be big and tall! He is such a happy, delightful baby and we are SO glad that we have had the last year to share with him! We love you Cavin!

11 comments:

Kristen said...

It looks like you had a great weekend! I love your dress - super cute! Does Cavin have curly hair? It kinda looks like it in the pic. It was good to chat the other day. Hope you are well!

Ashley said...

Wow, busy family fun. I can't believe Cavin is 1 already. Where did this year go? I feel like just a few months ago I was visiting you in the hospital. He looks so cute though, I just love the curly hair. OH and your Easter dress is so cute, I want one. Glad things are going well.

Anonymous said...

omg his hair is sooo curly now! Im so jealous of the easter celebration...maybe i should just move in so htat i can get a new outfit and basket!

the speers said...

Ok, firstly, Ella looks way too much like a big girl, so crazy cute!! And Cavin's so big!!!--literally and not! I can't believe he's ONE--and that' he's bigger than Caden, and only 5 inches shorter than him lol!! So cute!

Jason & Lindsey Sleight said...

I can't beleive our babies are turning ONE! Ella and Cavin sure are cute though, love the easter outfits! And love the easter egg cake, perfect idea for an Easter birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Cavin!! I though about calling and wishing my future son in law happy birthday!! Love the pictures- there little easter outfits are so cute!!

Emily T. said...

What a fun post. Happy Birthday Cavin, can't believe he's one. YOu all look great in your Easter outfits, and I too, love his curly hair. He's looking so grown up!

Brady&Wendy said...

I'm glad you had a great Easter! We do need to chat! Monika named her twins Kirtlyn (girl) and Corbin (boy) They are so little!
You guys look like you are doing so great... I'm glad that you are loving Texas!

The Childs Family said...

I love your new dress Lisa and I love Cavin's hair...what a cute happy kid!

Amie said...

Lisa, I answered you on my blog, then wanted to make sure you saw it: My kids are whining so much right now, it makes me want to eat double! lol! Thanks for the encouragment, though. I'm NOT giving up! Ryan read me those texts and I laughed my head off! That was SO fun!

Amie said...

NOW I want to comment on your post! SUCH cute pictures! I love the argyle sweater on Cavin! I'm glad he had a great b-day and that you guys had a great Easter!:)