We just wanted to update everyone as to what is happening here with us. After much thought and prayer...we took our house off the market. It wasn't selling and we had already dropped the price over $13,000 so we felt like right now is not the time to continue to try and sell. Therefore, we took it off the market and hired a property manager and they found us a renter a week later. We now have a couple with no kids, no pets and only stationed in Logan a year and 1/2 living there. It's a perfect scenario. They are going to help take care of all the bills from Utah and will rent for at least one year and then we will see (if you are there, please be friendly to them!). It wasn't really the blessing we had hoped for, but it was a blessing anyway, and maybe the market will recover a little in the next year (nice optimism, huh). As for the job hunt...Ragnar now has two part time jobs. Each with good companies. He works for The Container Store late evenings a couple times a week and then works for a company called Expeditor's during the day. It is also a good company and a job he was able to get an interview from the temp agency he works for. It is a 2 month assignment and we are PRAYING they will hire him on full time after the 2 months are over. They even have an office in his hometown in Germany and his parents are excited about that (I hope they aren't getting any ideas yet :) Right now we are enjoying living off Uncle Sam's tax return and enjoying that we have that to help us recover. So, all in all, we are making progress. We aren't where we thought or hoped we would be, but we are being blessed. I really miss Logan, but do enjoy the warmth here. The kids are happy and healthy and really we do have so much to be thankful for!
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Update from Texas!
We just wanted to update everyone as to what is happening here with us. After much thought and prayer...we took our house off the market. It wasn't selling and we had already dropped the price over $13,000 so we felt like right now is not the time to continue to try and sell. Therefore, we took it off the market and hired a property manager and they found us a renter a week later. We now have a couple with no kids, no pets and only stationed in Logan a year and 1/2 living there. It's a perfect scenario. They are going to help take care of all the bills from Utah and will rent for at least one year and then we will see (if you are there, please be friendly to them!). It wasn't really the blessing we had hoped for, but it was a blessing anyway, and maybe the market will recover a little in the next year (nice optimism, huh). As for the job hunt...Ragnar now has two part time jobs. Each with good companies. He works for The Container Store late evenings a couple times a week and then works for a company called Expeditor's during the day. It is also a good company and a job he was able to get an interview from the temp agency he works for. It is a 2 month assignment and we are PRAYING they will hire him on full time after the 2 months are over. They even have an office in his hometown in Germany and his parents are excited about that (I hope they aren't getting any ideas yet :) Right now we are enjoying living off Uncle Sam's tax return and enjoying that we have that to help us recover. So, all in all, we are making progress. We aren't where we thought or hoped we would be, but we are being blessed. I really miss Logan, but do enjoy the warmth here. The kids are happy and healthy and really we do have so much to be thankful for!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow, what a change! You guys are good about making hard decisions in my mind. I hope things work out with that company. Sounds like things are slowly moving along. It is good you found some good longterm renters. I am sure they will take great care of it, and it is less that you have to worry about. Hope things go up from here!
It's good to read this post and see that you guys are doing well. I've been wondering about these things. I think the rental situation is a great thing- and I think you're making good decisions. (Rags- I told Ryan to answer his cell. :) Hope you've talked. He hasn't had a spare moment lately!)
I am so glad things are looking up for you guys. Good luck with the jobs.
I love the picture of the family. It's very cute. I was glad for an update. I had no idea you were renting. We'll have to meet them soon. I hope the job situation goes as planned. Life is so stressful right now, but the Lord always seems to know what's best, even if we wonder sometimes.
Good to talk to you the other day!! I hope everything works out for you guys. If anyone deserves it its you two!! Your kids are so cute!!
I can't be nice to the new neighbors -they are not you guys. I have not met them and I have yet to see them but I don't like them. How dare they move into your home -don't they know you are coming back??? Ok, Ok I suppose if I must I will attempt to smile every now and then, but if they don't like American Idol then I am afraid there is no more I can do. Glad that all is moving along -love the container store! Also love the picture -great one of the whole family -soo cute and handsome!
Post a Comment