So there has been this "tag" going around for a while, that I have been ignoring and ignoring. Well, I want to update our blog, but nothing is going on! So...I decided I would just do the tag with 25 things about myself..... so here goes....
1. I absolutely love hamburgers!! I do really only like ketchup and cheese on them though!
2. I have o.c.d about cleaning....and I even have to re vacuum if I can't see the lines anymore!
3. I get anxious very easily.
4. I get really uncomfortable when people start crying or being emotional because I have no emotions (or don't share them often)!
5. I love Rascal Flats, Taylor Swift, and Carrie Underwood and used to mainly like alternative music.
6. I love running and have run many half marathons and one full marathon.
7. People think I am crazy because I think running is relaxing!
8. I am an early bird, I love to wake up early, but run out of gas by 10 p.m.
9. I am a pretty picky eater and don't like to try new foods and I like things plain!
10. I had my appendix out when I was 10.
11. I really don't like driving and only do it if Ragnar can't.
12. I have 2 beautiful children that I am so lucky to have and a wonderful husband.
13. I graduated in Exercise Science, but don't think a degree is enough for people to think you actually know everything they are talking about.
14. I can't stand being late to anything it drives me crazy!
15. I love donuts and get them on every special occasion.
16. I love sports, watching and playing and I wish I was more coordinated, but am more of an endurance athlete.
17. I am almost always cold and love that I am now in a warm city!
18. I always have to have my toenails painted.
19. I love to keep in touch with people and write letters and emails or call.
20. I don't watch very much t.v. but I LOVE American Idol!
21. I don't really like to travel, because I like to be home, but I married a German, so it has been and is in my future.
21. I am trying to learn German because my kids are bi-lingual.
22. I hate when people ask what I like to do or what my hobbies are because I never know what to say!
23. I am amazed at all the simple things that I don't know.
24. I love carbohydrates and can never have enough rolls!!!
25. I love to organize things!
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
I'm excited to announce that Ragnar has been invited to join the Houston Rockets organization! I'm sure you are aware that he isn't going to be their star athlete, but an inside ticket sales representative. He is excited to enter the Sports Marketing field and we hope it turns out to be great for him. So....if you are ever in Houston and need some tickets, I think Ragnar can help you there! We are excited that Heavenly Father has answered our prayers and that we can move forward! Go Rockets!!
Monday, February 16, 2009
For Valentine's Day my mom took Ella to Build-A-Bear! She had a fun time even though, with so many people she wasn't quite sure what was happening! She picked out her brown bear, helped stuff it, clean it, and then dressed and named her new friend. Her name is Lily and she is a ballerina bear! Every baby she has so far has been called Lily, so it's kind of funny! She had a fun time, was exhausted when she came home, but she had to sleep with her!Cavin was a very good sport and someday I'm sure he will have his chance too! We love you Grandma Speers...thanks!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
So I don't normally have much going on, but this week we have had some fun events to make note of. First, I want to congratulate my brother Corey on becoming Dr. Corey Speers! For the past, um I don't know...it seems like forever, my brother has been attending Baylor Medical School pursing his M.D, P.H.D. On Monday he was able to present his Thesis and finish his P.H.D. He did a wonderful job, or at least I enjoyed watching him that is, because I had absolutely NO IDEA what he was talking about, but it sounded neat! It's one of those moments you sit and feel completely insignificant and are grateful someone in your family got the brains (I think he got the brains for all 5 of us combined! no offense to my siblings :) So that was fun and it will be fun to call him Dr. Speers! He has one year of rotations left to finish the medical part of the M.D., P.H.D. Congrats Corey for the long journey.
(I know you can't see my brother well, but I love this picture of him with Ella...it's been so fun to get to know him better now that we live close!)
Next I wanted to note that my mother and father in law this week began serving their 6 month mini mission at the Frankfurt Germany temple. They were excited and seem to be doing well. We are proud of them and excited they are able to serve. We are really excited to see them in September!
And last, but never least, I wanted to wish a Happy Valentines day to my family and especially to Ragnar. I always remember Valentines Day because it was the day before our first kiss (I know silly, but it's true). Happy Valentine's Day Rags, I love you!
Thursday, February 5, 2009
We just wanted to update everyone as to what is happening here with us. After much thought and prayer...we took our house off the market. It wasn't selling and we had already dropped the price over $13,000 so we felt like right now is not the time to continue to try and sell. Therefore, we took it off the market and hired a property manager and they found us a renter a week later. We now have a couple with no kids, no pets and only stationed in Logan a year and 1/2 living there. It's a perfect scenario. They are going to help take care of all the bills from Utah and will rent for at least one year and then we will see (if you are there, please be friendly to them!). It wasn't really the blessing we had hoped for, but it was a blessing anyway, and maybe the market will recover a little in the next year (nice optimism, huh). As for the job hunt...Ragnar now has two part time jobs. Each with good companies. He works for The Container Store late evenings a couple times a week and then works for a company called Expeditor's during the day. It is also a good company and a job he was able to get an interview from the temp agency he works for. It is a 2 month assignment and we are PRAYING they will hire him on full time after the 2 months are over. They even have an office in his hometown in Germany and his parents are excited about that (I hope they aren't getting any ideas yet :) Right now we are enjoying living off Uncle Sam's tax return and enjoying that we have that to help us recover. So, all in all, we are making progress. We aren't where we thought or hoped we would be, but we are being blessed. I really miss Logan, but do enjoy the warmth here. The kids are happy and healthy and really we do have so much to be thankful for!
Monday, February 2, 2009
I am beginning to think that time is flying by! I swear I was just pregnant with Cavin and now he is crawling and eating real food! Ella LOVES to get on the stool and help me cook. She is going to be such a great helper! Maybe if I'm real good I can get her to take over the cooking by the time she is 10 :) dream on, I know. They are so fun to watch progress and grow. I think I have wished by too many moments and pretty soon my baby will be a year old!